King Mswati III of Swaziland has arrived in Uganda for a state visit. They were welcomed by President Museveni at State House Entebbe, and later moved to Kampala for a private dinner. The king will be discussing among may, HIV?Aids, trade and other issues affecting Africa.
Kampala City Council has embarked on a city road tour drive with shocking revelations of shoddy work done by contractors. The roads toured are under the road fund project but remain in a sorry state.
Kathmandu - Shaven headed nuns and monks in maroon robes were among 179 "free Tibet" protesters detained in the Nepali capital on Friday as they tried to storm a visa office of the Chinese embassy, police said.
Abuja - Nigeria on Friday rejected the re-election of Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe, saying a run-off vote had changed nothing in the country, but stopped short of refusing to recognise his government.
A driver has been charged with terrorism and remanded in Luzira prison.Hakim Abdul Kiyemba, a driver in Nkokonjeru, Wakiso district was on Wednesday charged at Baganda Road Court.
Zambian President Levy Mwanawasa has been flown to the French capital, Paris, for specialist medical treatment after suffering a stroke in Egypt. The president, 59, was rushed to hospital on Sunday ahead of the African Union summit in Sharm el-Sheikh.
The Uganda Supreme Court will begin hearing arguments in a case that is set to determine whether the death penalty should be imposed on murder convicts.
- Somali Insurgents attack Ugandan troops in Mogadishu.
- AU less tough on Mugabe calling for Unity Government
- 'Suspend Zimbabwe from AU summit' - Botswana
- More oil found in western Uganda
- Zambian president Mwanawasa had mild stroke.
- Kenyan Prime Minister seeks suspension of Robert Mugabe from AU
- Inflation in Uganda on the rise.
- Australian man's 'life' sold on Ebay.
- Mugabe Praises Mbeki for mediation