Malaba, Uganda: Scammers have targeted a town on the Uganda-Kenya border with an elaborate fraud - setting up a fake bank and taking deposits, before fleeing. The bank opened an office in Malaba town, advertised on radio and took $100,000 in deposits. But when investors turned up to reclaim their money, all they found was a note saying: Sorry the bank operations have been moved to a new place. The note did not say where.
Using antiretroviral (ARV) therapy to restore the immune system may substantially reduce the risk of malaria in countries where both HIV and malaria are endemic, according to new data presented Tuesday, July 21, at the Fifth International AIDS Society (IAS) Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention in Cape Town.
London - The world's oldest man Henry Allingham has died at the age of 113. St Dunstan's care home in Ovingdean, near Brighton England. Allingham died early Saturday. He was one of only two surviving World War I veterans in Britain and had been the world's oldest man since June 19.
- Mobutu's 5.1m dolar assets to be returned tgo family
- Kenya siezes Poached ivory and rhino horn
- The long awaited Telecom fibre optic cable arrives in Kampala
- LRA the Ugandan rebels have abducted 1200 in Congo
- Death of Micheal Jackson shocks the world
- Micheal Jackson The Pop king dead
- Microsoft to go hard on Ugandan software pirates.
- Another Uganda school gutted by fire.
- Dignified exit for Robert Mugabe?