Sydney - A man in Australia who was selling his "life" over the internet - including his home, job and the chance to meet his friends -- said on Sunday he had sold the lot for $383 230.
Harare - Robert Mugabe poured praise on his South African counterpart Thabo Mbeki at his presidential swearing-in ceremony on Sunday, hailing him as a statesman for his mediation efforts in Zimbabwe.
Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt - Zambia's President Levy Mwanawasa was rushed to hospital in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh on Sunday after a health emergency, Egyptian health sources and state media said.
The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) must have opened the eyes of the international world to the capabilities and beauty of the Pearl of Africa commonly described as a country ‘Gifted by Nature’, reported by the Uganda Media Centre.
President Yoweri Museveni who is the Chairman of the summit of the East African Community Heads of State opened the first East African Investment Conference with a call to delegates to brain storm and identify areas that need to be addressed in order to improve the investment climate in the region, according to Uganda Media Centre.
Washington - US President George W Bush said on Saturday he had directed that sanctions be drawn up against the "illegitimate" government of Zimbabwe after a run-off vote boycotted by the opposition.
Khartoum - The Sudanese civil authority says a small plane has crashed in southern Sudan, killing seven people on board. There was one survivor.
- Scotish Labour leader resigns - blow to Gordon Brown.
- Raging and defiant Mugabe to be sworn in on Sunday
- Russians get a thrashing in Euro 2008 semi final.
- Oil goes above $140 price mark.
- Violence continues in Zimbabwe as Mugabe refuses to cancel elections
- Uganda and Egypt to form joint business venture
- President advises families to bond
- Mbeki too close to Mugabe to be a credible mediator'
- Nelson Mandela Slams Mugabe for failure of leadership